The new site has an interactive Events Calendar with links to Google Maps and many other new features, along with a completely redesigned look! When we’re up and running, you’ll definitely want to poke around and see what’s new!
Here’s some important information about the new site launch:
- Tomorrow, Friday, I plan to post “Daily Deals” only. If all goes well, I will be back to regular posting on Monday, January 17.
- It is likely that we will lose our email subscribers in the transition process. If you are an email subscriber who would like to continue receiving email updates, please re-subscribe when the new site goes live. New email subscribers are always welcome, too! 🙂
- How will you know the new site is live? When you go to http://www.wordpress.frugalouis.com or http://www.frugalouis.com, you will definitely see the difference and know when the change has been made!
- There might be some glitches during the transition process. If they are major, I will try to inform you of what we’re doing. If you happen to discover a glitch, please don’t hesitate to email me at frugalouis (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Please give us your feedback after the new site is up! We value both encouragement and constructive criticism, so please leave a comment or shoot off an email. There will be a “contact” link on the new home page making it easier to contact me.
Woo-hoo! It’s like Christmas!
I had a chance to shop alone today (a treat, as those of you with young ones know!) and stopped by Carousel Kids to check out their winter clearance. Right now all items in the store are 10% off, with winter wear at 40% off! Since the kind owner let me use my $5 Brass Ring Club coupon, I was able to score some serious deals!
Here’s what I got:
- two pair of boots (my poor kids didn’t have any that fit! The ones I got my son are Timberland and seem brand new.)
- one Children’s Place zip hoodie
- one Gymboree cardigan sweater
- three pair Children’s Place knit pants
- one Osh Kosh skirt
- two Carter’s sleepers
And it all came out to $20 and some change! That’s an average of $2/item for brand-name clothing in fantastic shape, including boots! I was pretty excited. 🙂
While we get tons of hand-me-downs for our son, we don’t have a great source of free clothes for our daughter. So most of what I bought today is to stock up for her wardrobe next winter.
What about you? Could you buy some items now to save big toward next winter? The sale at Carousel Kids goes through Saturday, January 15, so you’ll need to hurry. If you get some great bargains I’d love to hear about them!
Does anyone know of other resale stores in the area that are offering fantastic sales right now? Do tell!
We attended the Loop Ice Carnival last year and had a great time wandering The Loop and admiring the various ice sculptures! There are so many activities to pick from, you’ll just have to look at the event website and pick the ones that appeal most to you.
Generally speaking, the fun begins 11 AM at The Loop on Delmar in University City. And the great news? It’s almost all free!
Here are some highlights:
- Ice Slides
- $1000 in coins given away, frozen in ice cubes, along with 9000 chocolate coins
- Ice Sculptures
- Ice Carving demonstrations
- Temporary Tattoo scavenger hunt
- Game Booths
- Loop Trolley Car Tour
- Thursday, January 13, 6 pM
- At participating Borders locations (please contact your store to find out if they are participating before going)
- Several different board games will be available for families to play
- Recommended for ages 6 and up
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- Additional game nights on January 20 and 27